This Lemon Cream Pie with Lemon Whipped Cream is creamy, bright and lemony and made with a Nilla Wafer Crust!
This pie is just about everything you want it to be…
Sometimes you make desserts and they are good, for sure, but they aren’t exactly what you hoped for. Yeah, we’ve all been there. Well, this is NOT that.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I call this a Lemon Cream Pie, but it’s kind of a Lemon Cheesecake Pie. There is no pudding or custard going on here…it’s pure whipped cheesecake mousse…stuff.
Oh yeah and it’s on a Nilla Wafer crust. You know that makes you a little-lot happy.
So of course I don’t have a sliced shot of this to show you…but know once it’s chilled it slices like a dream.
You see, I had to make this pie and get it out of the house faster than fast. Because it’s one of those desserts that I will consume face first…much like the guy from Stand By Me. You know who I’m talking about. Of course my endgame is not to reek havoc on an entire community…I only like to wreak havoc on my latest diet and then live in regret for the next 3 hours.
So anyway, no sliced picture. My neighbors enjoyed this in a much more civilized manner then I am capable of.
Anyway, let’s talk about how dang simple this is to whip up. Oh and did I mention Lemon Whipped Cream garnishes this creamy beauty? Yeah…that.
First start with a gorgeous Nilla Wafer Crust. Yes you can also use graham crackers…just answering that now.
Grab you a few lemon and zest those suckers.
Mix that in with some softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and a little lemon curd for good measure.
Then whip up a little heavy cream and fold it in…
Spread that all in your cooled crust.
And then lick the spatula. It’s the right move.
Let the pie chill for a few hours and then whip up some heavy cream with a little lemon juice and powdered sugar and garnish the heck out of that pie. I mean, only if you want to…
You’ll be glad you did.
- 2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs (about 60 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest of two lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
Lemon Whipped cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Combine all the crust ingredients and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie plate. Bake the crust for 8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes. Remove the whipped cream from the bowl and place in the refrigerator while you do the next step.
- Without washing the mixing bowl place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon curd in the bowl and change the attachment on the mixer to the paddle. Turn the mixer to medium low speed and mix until all the ingredients are combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and fold it into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread this into the cooled crust.
- Cover the pie and chill it for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve the pie make the Lemon Whipped Cream.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and on high speed beat the cream until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread or pipe this on top of the chilled pie.