These Gooey Crispy Ritz S’mores Bars are the perfect mix of salty, sweet, creamy and crunchy! Plus, they are a “no bake” recipe!
Ok, let’s get down to serious. These flipping bars.
I had zero idea of what to name them. I mean, naming recipes all the time is a whole THING. Like how will people find this recipe on the interwebs? I get emails or facebook messages a lot asking me for, “that one recipe with pastel M&Ms and white chocolate chips”… or “you posted a recipe a while back with butter and a chocolate drizzle…can you send me the link?”. Um yeah… so naming a recipe is like important-ish.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Well, I’m thinking these here “Gooey Crispy Ritz S’mores Bars” are going to create confusion, but Lordy I couldn’t think of an appropriate name.
You see, they start with a buttery, salty crust made with Ritz Crackers, butter and sugar. I know.
Next there is a thick gooey layer of marshmallow fluff. For the love.
THEN it’s all topped off with a chocolate, peanut butter rice krispie layer. Jesus take the wheel.
So you see, there is gooey, crispy, chocolaty, peanut butter, marshmallow dreaminess at stake here. No name does this lover justice.
Also, can I just say I have typed, “Marshamallow” every time. And I am saying it with an Italian accent. Marsh-Ah-mallow. Luckily I have the red squiggle line to remind me that I am indeed not an ounce of Italian, nor do I have any business doing accents.
It’s just marshmallow.
The inspo for these bars comes from my friend Amanda. Her S’mores game is strong, y’all.
She introduced me to the epic s’mores remix…using Ritz Crackers instead of graham. Brilliant. And then replacing the boring old chocolate square for a peanut butter cup. Mind Sploosh!
So while there is no open fire or roasting sticks, these bars are just as ooey-gooey and equally as yummy! Plus, no oven necessary.
The crust is just crushed crackers, butter and a bit of sugar.
Press it evenly into a pan and chill it!
Then spread some glorious marshmallow fluff on top. If you don’t want these as gooey and don’t want to store them in the fridge, using mini marshmallows instead…
The thing with thee bars is the longer they sit out, the gooey the fluff gets. I personally love it, but if gooey isn’t your jam (are we even friends?) mini-mallows do the trick!
Then melt some chocolate and peanut butter together and mix in rice krispies.
I tried this recipe once using coarsely crushed Ritz crackers instead of krispie cereal, but I really like the crunch of the krispies better…and you couldn’t taste the Ritz anyway. BUT please note you can do it either way!
Spread that on top of the Fluff…
And chill it until it set up.
Simply peel back the foil and slice…
What a stunner.
These bars are surprisingly light in texture!
Hope you love these as much as I did!!
- 2 cups finely crushed Ritz Crackers (approximately 2 sleeves)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl combine the crushed crackers, butter and sugar. Firmly press this mixture evenly into the prepared pan and chill it for 30 minutes.
- When the crust is chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and spread the Fluff evenly on top. Place this back in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Place this in the microwave on full power for 1 minute. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted. If 1 minute was not long enough heat for an additional 20 seconds, or until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir the Rice Krispie cereal into the chocolate mixture evenly and spread on top of the Fluff layer.
- Place back in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares only when ready to serve.