This Cranberry Bliss Snack Mix, aka Cranberry Bliss Muddy Buddy Mix is ridiculously addicting!!
I am quite the snacker and I ain’t scared to admit it. Meals, while certainly enjoyable, could easily be skipped altogether in my world. Because I snack.
I know all the health people say small snacks throughout the day are good for you…they keep your metabolism going or whatever. Unfortunately I am not typically snacking on a small handful of almonds or an apple.
It’s generally a small handful of jelly beans and a cookie.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I wish I could be a grown up for you. I really do.
Last year I made Cranberry Bliss Cookies and they were a huge hit, so I decided to spread the flavor love into a snack mix. AND my kids claim they don’t like Craisins, so I got the whole bowl all to myself…which was a super fun at first…until I started tremoring. Apparently too much sugar has it’s consequences.
Basically in the hours that followed the making of the Cranberry Bliss Snack Mix, I ate nothing BUT Cranberry Bliss Snack Mix, there was nary a vegetable to be found for 2 days. I COULD NOT stop eating it.
To save MY blood sugar I decided I needed to risk the blood sugar of some of my neighbors. It works out for everyone, really. I don’t go into a diabetic coma AND I look like the hero who spreads the dessert love. Win.
Anyhow, this is guaranteed to be a huge hit. AND it only takes like 10 minutes to throw together. Just don’t eat the whole bowl yourself.
I chopped up some pecans to throw into the mix to make it a little interesting, but if you aren’t a nut person you could totally omit these.
Then just mix the nuts and Rice Chex cereal in a large bowl.
Coat it all with melted white chocolate…
Make sure all the pieces are coated…
Then shake it up with some powdered sugar.
And add the Craisins last.
Such a simple festive snack!!
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Mix cereal and pecans in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler.
- Mix melted chocolate with cereal and nuts and stir to coat completely.
- Transfer mixture to a large bag or a bowl with a lid and add powdered sugar. Shake mixture until all pieces are coated with powdered sugar.
- Finally add in Craisins to mixture and shake again to incorporate.
- Store airtight for up to 5 days.