This Cookie Butter Pie with a flaky cream cheese pastry crust is silky, rich and delicious!
Up until recently I wasn’t fully on board with making pie. Or eating pie really. It was (is?) probably my least favorite dessert category in the world of sugar. I chalk this up to sugar frying the pie portion of my brain (it’s right there in the upper left corner). But since I had a little pie-brain rehab in the last few years my brain has recovered and I have fully become a pie person.
I’m not like super hard-core yet, though so please save your rhubarb and blackberry pie for the year 2018 when I am sure I will most definitely be into it. But as of 2016 I am fully into mixing Cookie Butter and cream cheese together and spreading it in a pie crust.
MY OTHER RECIPES
It’s that time in the story that we all stand and slow clap.
The crust on this beauty is a simple and delicious cream cheese pastry crust. I used the recipe from my friend’s over at Challenge Dairy and it turned out amazingly well.
It’s really just a simple mix of butter, cream cheese, flour, salt and cold water!
Adding the cream cheese to the crust produces a rich and flaky crust that has officially won me over.
Just chill the dough for about 30 minutes and then roll it out and place it into your pie plate!
Do your best pie pinching. My technique still leaves a lot to be desired…
Then freeze it for about 15 minutes.
When you’re ready to bake it place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the crust and fill it with dried beans or pie weights…
It will honestly bake up like a dream!
Once it’s cooled you spread some Cookie Butter (or Biscoff spread) in the bottom. You could even use Nutella!
Also please do this step carefully, as the pie crust will become a cracked mess. I know you guys are all muscly and fit, but make pretend you don’t work out and be gentle.
Then mix together some cream cheese with the rest of your jar of Cookie Butter. Fold in some whipped cream to make it extra silky too…
Spread that in your crust and chill it for a few hours or overnight!
When you’re ready to serve it, swirl on a little extra whipped cream for prosperity!
And dig in!!!
Here’s the recipe I used for the Cream Cheese Crust!
- 1 Cream Cheese Pastry Crust
- 1 (14- ounce) jar Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Roll the prepared pie crust dough out into a 12- inch circle. Place it into a 9- inch pie plate and crimp the edges, trimming any excess. Place the dough in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prick the dough liberally with a fork, or line the bottom of the pie with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake for 15-20 minutes until it’s golden brown. If necessary use a crust shield or foil around the top to prevent the crust from getting too brown.
- Allow the pie crust to cool completely.
- Spread 1/3 cup of Cookie Butter into the bottom of the crust carefully.
- To make the filling place the remaining Cookie Butter and the cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 1 – 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk or beat (on high speed) 1 cup of the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Spread this into the crust. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve whip the remaining cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread this onto the pie and serve.