This creamy, cool Butterfinger Pie is a simple dessert to make and LOADED with Butterfinger Candy Bars!
Aren’t Butterfinger bars the best? They’re crispy, kinda peanut buttery, chocolatey and candy-ish. I don’t actually know what makes those crispy layers, but I’m all about getting a Butterfinger or twelve stuck in my back molars for the sake of “research”.
This Butterfinger Pie is a classic dessert around my house. I’ve been using this pie “formula” for years and you can really adapt it to make just about any creamy, candy-filled pie. Stay tuned for a Cookies and Cream version coming soon.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I have to say that the higher you pile that extra bit of Butterfinger “garnish” on top, the faster the pie will be gone. People have a thing for a piles of chopped candy. Trust me.
It’s a lot like the pile of freshly grated cheese when I’m making dinner. I turn a hard right to to the fridge and by the time I get back to the grater half of it has been snatched up by eager fingers. Not annoying at all. Also, can I just tell you how much I hate grating cheese. Like hate.
Butterfinger Pie. Get up on it.
Like I said, chop yourself a whole bunch of Butterfinger. A whole 11.5 ounce bag, actually.
Then beat together some creamy peanut butter, cream cheese and a little powdered sugar.
Mix the chopped Butterfinger up in there…
And then fold in 8 ounces of Cool Whip. Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream instead.
Oh by the way, you’re going to need to make a graham cracker crust first. Or buy one. Whichever…BUT my recipe for graham cracker crust is kind of the best, so I urge you to make it.
Plop the mixture into your cooled crust…
And spread it evenly inside.
Allow that to chill for at least 2 hours.
When you’re ready to serve you can top it with some extra whipped cream or Cool Whip (but you don’t have to)…
And then, like I said, pile on the Butterfinger garnish.
Such a showstopper. Make this one quick!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 full graham cracker sheets)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (11.5 ounce) bag Fun Sized Butterfinger, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 (Fun Sized) Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Press the mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sizes of a 9- inch deep dish pie plate. Bake for 7-9 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool completely.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar for 1-2 minutes until evenly mixed and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the chopped Butterfinger and mix until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula or set the mixer to the lowest speed, fold in the Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture until just combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- If desired when you are ready to serve the pie whip the heavy cream and the powdered sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment for 1-2 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Spread this on top of the pie and top with the chopped Butterfinger.
- Serve immediately.